1. SEO is science. Headlines are art.
2. Signs you’re getting older: you start to pay a littttttttttle bit more attention to the medicine commercials on the nightly news.
3. Saddest thing I’ve read in a while, from Nieman Journalism Lab:
“I don’t think you should pay for news,” Eric, a 22-year-old Chicagoan, said. “That’s something everybody should be informed in. Like, you’re going to charge me for information that’s going on around the world?” And then there’s 19-year-old Sam from San Francisco: “I really wouldn’t pay for any type of news because as a citizen it’s my right to know the news.”
4. Am I out of touch if I tell you that I don’t use any online calendar or fancy digital this and that to keep track of everything, I still use a Filofax?
5. Hey, aspiring writers! If you have talent and you’re ambitious and you work really, really hard, then maybe someday a web site will let you write for them for free!