(I don’t know why I started giving these posts classic sci-fi/monster movie titles, but here we are. Here’s Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, and Part 11.)
1. The worst thing that can happen to you on Twitter is to get the official blue checkmark. Once you have that, they’ve got you for life.
2. It occurs to me that there’s a way to make politicians and company heads tell the truth: every question a reporter asks should be followed up with “Do you swear to God” or “Do you swear on the lives of your children?” See what happens.
3. If I understand The Last Jedi trailer correctly, Han Solo has been replaced by…a CGI hamster?
4. Much like all those weird flavors of Oreos and autoplay videos on web sites, there’s no reason for the new Will & Grace to exist (though I’m glad they Bobby Ewing-ed that whole plot from the finale where they didn’t speak for 18 years and their kids married each other).
5. The Letter will be back and in your mailboxes in November. I had planned to have it out to you before that but I want to relaunch it with a big Thanksgiving/Christmas edition. And even though it continues to be in the 70’s and muggy and looks like summer never wants to go away, I still believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are indeed coming.