(I don’t know why I started to give these posts classic sci-fi/monster movie titles, but sometimes things just happen. You can find earlier entries on this page.)
1. So Ben Smith is leaving the New York Times. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I scratched my head when he was hired by the NYT in 2020, this BuzzFeed guy, a pedestrian thinker and pedestrian writer who stumbled into a great cushy gig writing the media column. And now this. The reason he gave for leaving to head the newsroom of a new media company is at best laughable and at worst the kind of reason that might make the NYT wonder why they hired him in the first place (or maybe it was simply the $$). Someone at BuzzFeed, please write a “Tell Us Your Favorite Salad Toppings and We’ll Tell You Why Ben Smith Left the NYT ” quiz.
2. If I had a dollar for every notebook I’ve bought, every notebook I’ve researched, every notebook review I’ve read, every notebook video I’ve watched on YouTube … well, I’d probably buy more notebooks.
3. For the last time, it’s spelled W-H-O-A. Not “woah” and certainly not “woha.”
4. “The biggest communication problem we have is that we don’t listen to understand, we listen to reply.” I don’t know who said that but it’s accurate.
5. You know what your New Year’s resolution should be? To quit social … oh, I’m just screaming into the void at this point and don’t want to repeat myself. Just read this.