392 Main Street
Gloucester, MA. 01930
- Writer and editor with 30+ years experience. Great written and oral communication skills.
- Contributor to several national and local magazines, newspapers, and web sites, including Esquire, USA Today, NY Mag’s Vulture.com, The Boston Herald, The AV Club, Salon, Playboy.com, and many others.
- Very flexible and quick when it comes to writing breaking news and generating ideas.
- 21 years online. Experience with blogging, social media, newsletters, and podcasting.
- Knowledge of Office, Photoshop, HTML, SEO and various CMS (WordPress, Blogger, etc).
The Saturday Evening Post
2014 – Present
Write a weekly web column on current events, books, history, politics, technology, food, and all aspects of pop culture. Also write essays and features for the print edition of America’s oldest magazine.
October 2005 – April 2011
Writer and editor for several AOL entertainment sites, including TV Squad (TV), Cinematical (film), Slashfood (food and drink), and Adjab (advertising). Produced over 10,000 news stories, columns, features, reviews, essays, op-ed pieces, and celebrity interviews. Participated in various podcasts, chats, and live blogging.
March 2005 – September 2005
Editor-in-chief of TVSquad.com, one of the leading entertainment sites. Supervised over a dozen writers (staff and freelance), edited/scheduled posts in CMS, came up with new regular features and columns, promoted TV Squad on podcasts and in television interviews. Responsible for direction, tone, and overall feel of the site. (Company was bought by AOL and then I started working for them.)
Channel Surfer Journal
January 1995 – December 2000
Editor of monthly print newsletter focusing on television. Wrote features, reviews, conducted interviews. In charge of distribution and mailing to subscribers.
September 1996 – December 1998
Editor of The TV Lounge community. Wrote articles, columns, reviews, essays, and op-ed pieces. Wrote a weekly newsletter and moderated monthly web chats and forums. Responsible for overall direction of site.
August 1990 – June 1992
Editor of bimonthly music magazine. Hired and managed freelance writers, helped art director design magazine, and was in charge of contacting and working with all advertisers. Also wrote album reviews, features, and interviewed musicians.
REFERENCES/CLIPS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST